Zelda, (GCh Safari’s This Side of Paradise) won BIS in October at Kankakee, Illinois. She is a third generation winner from Safari Standard Poodle, following in her mother and grandmother’s footsteps.
Safari Standard Poodles has been a family affair since 1971 when Cynthia and her mother bred their first litter of standard poodles. Joel and Cynthia are the breeders of Zelda and both of their children have been very involved with the poodles.
Their son, Leigh went to the Invitational and the Garden as a junior several years in a row. He was on the cover of "Time for Kids" with his major junior dog, Stella, Ch. Safari’s Stella by Starlight, whom he finished. Their daughter, Alyssa, now at Berkeley Law School, also finished several standards and won a number of group placements with them.
Casey Engelhorn, daughter of member Matt Engelhorn is the 2014 Senior 4H Showmanship Champion! She competed in the State 4H Contest, August 22nd, winning in a large, competitive class, for the 2nd year in a row.
Casey is a regular at TCKC's Conformation Class, on Thursday nights.
The primary objective of Corn Belt Kennel Club is to further the advancement of all breeds of pure-bred dogs. Established in 1951, CBKC desires to do all in its power to protect and advance the interest of all breeds of pure-bred dogs and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials. Finally, CBKC wishes to continue to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, and obedience trials under the rules of The American Kennel Club.
- Don't make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans, or they'll treat you like dogs.
~ Martha Scott
- Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
~ Josh Billings
- A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
~ Josh Billings
- The more I see of men the more I like dogs.
~ Madame de Stael 1766-1817 French social leader
- A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
~ Ogden Nash
- The great pleasure of a dog is that you make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, he will make a fool of himself too.
~ Samuel Butler
- We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.
- Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.
~Franklin P. Jones
- If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.
- If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.