K9 Handler Missy Nergard (K9 Brennan) and K9 Sergeant Joan Brehm (K9 Sula and K9 Buzz) had the pleasure of thanking the Corn Belt Kennel Club for the new additions to the SAR Trailer today but showing off the added equipment and answering questions at the Heart of Illinois Dog Show Cluster.
With their generous donation, we were able to add an HVAC unit and a generator to enable us to now have a critical mobile rehab unit/base camp that is completely climate-controlled for both humans and K9s and that can operate anywhere in the field.
Thank you again Corn Belt Kennel Club for your generous donation!
Casey Engelhorn, daughter of member Matt Engelhorn is the 2015 Junior Showmanship Champion! She competed and won this year in the Heart of Illinois Cluster Dog Show on May 23rd!
Casey is a regular at TCKC's Conformation Class, on Thursday nights.
The primary objective of Corn Belt Kennel Club is to further the advancement of all breeds of pure-bred dogs. Established in 1951, CBKC desires to do all in its power to protect and advance the interest of all breeds of pure-bred dogs and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials. Finally, CBKC wishes to continue to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, and obedience trials under the rules of The American Kennel Club.
- Don't make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans, or they'll treat you like dogs.
~ Martha Scott
- Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
~ Josh Billings
- A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
~ Josh Billings
- The more I see of men the more I like dogs.
~ Madame de Stael 1766-1817 French social leader
- A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
~ Ogden Nash
- The great pleasure of a dog is that you make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, he will make a fool of himself too.
~ Samuel Butler
- We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.
- Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.
~Franklin P. Jones
- If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.
- If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.